WHY JOIN ROTARY? #Rotary
Rotary is about two things … service to the community and fellowship. We serve our local community and the world … and we have a lot of fun doing it!
Personal Growth and Development – You’ll gain skills in leadership, public speaking, organising, team building and teaching others to succeed.
Professional Networking – Contact with leaders in our community and region to build your knowledge network.
Friendship – You’ll have the opportunity to make friends within the club, local community and internationally.
Understanding the Local Community and the World – You’ll gain knowledge of diverse cultures and both local and global issues through exposure to service projects and interesting meeting guest speakers.
WHAT CAN ROTARY OFFER THAT WORK CANNOT?
Hands-on work, getting outdoors and into the community
The opportunity to learn management and project skills
Further develop leadership and public speaking skills
Moral satisfaction – not for profit, sense of doing good
Opportunity to be a part of something global
Achieve something concrete, immediate, with real effect in the society
As Rotarians we learn and practice “The Four-Way Test”
Of the things we think, say or do
Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
THE OBJECT OF ROTARY
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND. High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
AVENUES OF SERVICE
For years, Rotary’s commitment to Service Above Self has been channelled through the Avenues of Service, which form the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the effective functioning of the club. Learn about effective club service in Membership and Training .
- Vocational Service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards. Observed each October, Vocational Service Month spotlights Rotary club projects related to this avenue, offering opportunity for clubs and districts to use their professional skills in service projects.
- Community Service covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in its community.
- International Service encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary’s humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and peace. Rotarians can support International Service by sponsoring a project in another country, seeking international project partners to support projects in their own communities, or by personally volunteering at an international project site.
- New Generations Service recognises the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development activities as RYLA , Rotaract and Interact , service projects, and creating international understanding with Rotary Youth Exchange .
BE OUR GUEST